Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

The day after the TOPPT conversation post, I felt very strongly drawn to the ocean. Down to Pu'uhonua o Honaunau, and there is was. About 1 PM.

I often do not know why I am there, and today was one of those. Sometimes there's this "energetic" things going on. Where I'm "doing some energy work". Sometimes I have a definite mission to be out there. Anyway, today, all I knew was that my being was crying, calling to me, to "get into the ocean". So I did.

There's this channel I sometimes go out into, if I feel moved to do so. Again today, I felt drawn to go out there. The channel is about 8-10 feet wide, with reefy stuff on the walls (and often beautiful fish). It's about 20 yards long to get out into the ocean. It does get some of the wave wash from time to time.

So today, I jumped in, at a calm moment. And it quickly became not-as-calm; a couple of (not very large) waves came up, and washed over the rocks and into the channel. I was tumbled about a bit, mainly by the water flushing off the surface rocks back into the channel. It was like a washing machine. I was okay, but I did get caught up twice in the rocks/reef walls of the channel.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Not a big deal, but I quickly re-caught my bearings and swam out to open ocean, maybe about 50 yards or so from the shore. And very much enjoyed being with the ocean, and her water, for maybe 30 minutes. I have a circle type route I usually follow, and a few places I can easily get out (just avoid putting hands on the vana (little sea urchins that grow into the rocks and live there)!

As I walked back, someone was pointing out to the ocean. I saw, right where I had been swimming, just minutes before, one or two whales, swimming at the surface, occasionally spouting, and "fluking" (whatever the word is, for when a whale just dives under, nose first, tail last). For me, this was as close as I had ever been to a whale (even while watching from the rocks), and they were swimming at the same place I had been.

I knew it was a signal, or a sign, or something, related to what had been done yesterday (you know, that post). Whether it's validation, or a big "Yes, thank you", or a "Hey, we're in harmony with you all", kind of message, I do not know.

But it was very special. For all of us.

[I've attached photos here from the web. These are not my photos, but pretty close to what I was seeing.] [comments open 24 hours]